This promises to be a great event. I hear that it is filling up fast. I would encourage you to register ASAP.
TTSAO Announces Conference Speakers
February 9th, 2016 – Hamilton, ON – The Truck Training Schools Association of Ontario (TTSAO) has announced their speaker line-up for their first annual conference, the TTSAO “Striving for Excellence in Training” Conference, scheduled for February 23rd and 24th, 2016 at the Sandman Hotel in Mississauga.
The conference is laid out in a two-day format; day one will be the TTSAO Board of Directors’ Meeting (Directors only), followed by the Association’s General Meeting, which is open to all members and those who are thinking of joining. After the General Meeting, there will be a cocktail party and registrants will be able to visit companies and sponsors who are participating in the trade show.
Day two will feature presentations from some of the industry’s best. These include:
• The Future of Recruitment in the Private Fleet Industry:
Private Fleets are just starting to feel the pinch of the driver shortage. Why weren’t these companies affected before? What direction are they now moving in to recruit quality drivers? How does this affect our industry?
- John Harrison, Director of Transportation Operations, Huron Services Group Ltd
- Mike Millian, President, Private Motor Truck Council of Canada
- Dennis Shantz, Director of Fleet Services, Home Hardware Stores Limited
- Andy Walker, Ontario Distribution Manager, Molson Coors
• Recruiting Strategies from Trade Publication Experts:
- Stan Campbell, Host, Trucker Radio
- Manan Gupta, Road Today Publishing
- Ed Novoa, Over the Road
• How to Attract and Retain Professional Drivers: Advice from Award-Winning Carriers:
- Caroline Blais, Recruiting Manager, Kriska Transport
- Alex MacKinnon, Chief Operating Officer, Mackinnon Transport
- Garth Pitzel, Director – Safety and Driver Development, Bison Transport
- Geoff Topping, Director – Recruiting and Retention, Challenger Motor Freight
Previously announced, the afternoon session will be The Stan and Dan Show, featuring a candid conversation about trucking with one of the industry’s best. Dan Einwechter, Chairman and CEO of Challenger, is without a doubt one of the most successful and respected trucking professionals in North America. Stan Campbell, the host of Trucker Radio will chat with Dan to find out how he and his team have triumphed over trials and tribulations within our industry.
John G. Smith, publisher and editor of Private Motor Magazine will be the event’s Master of Ceremonies.
Don’t miss out on this great event for only $199.00 plus HST per registrant. The conference registration form is now available at TTSAO.com. Seating is limited so register soon.
For more information, please contact:
Charlie Charalambous – Director of Public Relations, TTSAO – Northbridge Office – 1-800-265-7173 or
cell (416) 473-3986 or by email at [email protected]